About The Trainer
Linda in her own words;
I believe why people do what they do is a very powerful and inspiring thing. My "why" is to educate and inspire people to train their dogs force free so that both can benefit from a more enriching relationship based on trust and understanding.
I have been a devoted animal lover my entire life. It has been a childhood dream to work with animals. I started my training journey in 2004 studying to be a dog trainer. I opened Dogs by Linda, LLC in February of 2012. Through years of education and experience and working with many breeds of dogs, I have found that there are gentle and force-free ways to deter unwanted behavior. I use proven training protocols based on the most recent scientific research in dog behavior which yields quick learning without the negative effects sometimes caused by more outdated methods. I use rewards such as food, toys, praise and real life pleasures for your dog. I am as passionate about my continued education as I am about dogs and their well-being. I study behavior and training on an ongoing basis through online seminars, live seminars, workshops, certification courses, books, articles, case studies, videos, professional affiliated educational offerings and hands on experience. I am making a positive difference in the lives of our best friends and working very hard to be the change I want to see in this world.
- I am a Force-Free and reward based dog trainer
- I am a professional member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers. (APDT), #81226
- I am a full member of The Association for Force Free Pet Trainers through The Pet Professional Guild. (PPG), #9973801
- I am an Associate Trick Dog Trainer. ADTI, Do More with Your Dog
- Contributor to Canine Nation's monthly live segment called;Trainers Talk.
- I do in-home private training.
- My expertise; Leash Behavior
- I speak publicly about dog behavior, canine communication and bite prevention.
- I am a Google Glass Explorer.
- I volunteer for rescues and a bully breed advocate. I adopt all my pets.
To date I have taken continued education for dog trainers seminars, lectures and workshops with the following world renowned dog trainers:
- Dr. Ian Dunbar Veterinarian, animal behaviorist, and dog trainer
- Chirag Patel BSc, CPDT-KA, DipCABT
- Dr. Karen L. Overall, MA, VMD, PhD, DACVB, CAAB
- Pat Miller CPDT-KA
- Emily Larlham
- Pamela Dennison CDBC, CWRI
- Theresa McKeon founder of TAGTeach
- Linda Michaels MA
- Pamela Johnson
- Mark Hines
- Diane Garrod
- and many more...
"However much I may sympathize with and admire worthy motives, I am an uncompromising opponent of violent methods even to serve the noblest of causes." ~Mahatma Gandhi
"Pulling is a two way leash." ~L.J. Ehrenworth
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." ~Roger Caras